1. Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
2. Oil and season salmon pieces, place on a baking sheet and bake in centre of oven for 12 to 18 minutes depending on their size.
3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over low heat, cook the apple juice, vinegar, shallots and ginger until mixture has the texture of marmalade.
4. Gradually add the butter stirring continuously with a spoon or whisk until smooth. Season to taste.
5. Add cream and continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Add the syrup to the white butter sauce and heat one minute.
7. To serve, remove skin and bones from salmon steaks.
8. Pour a layer of white butter sauce onto a plate, top with the salmon and serve with green vegetables.
The salmon is at its best served medium rare.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.