1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and butter a muffin tin.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon or coriander and chopped walnuts (the dry ingredients).
3. In another bowl combine the bananas, egg, canola oil and maple syrup (the wet ingredients).
4. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry. Stir with a wooden spoon just until mixture is moist.
5. Spoon batter into the muffin moulds and bake 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Remove pan from oven, place on a cooling rack and let cool a bit before turning out the muffins.
7. Ice with maple butter and decorate with walnut halves.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.